Oh..wait, right, never. I almost forgot where I live. 20 cm of wet snow guys. And it will continue on through the week. Happy spring Calgarians!!!
When the winter storm warning was in effect yesterday, my friend Ria was hoping it was a April fool’s joke.
I laughed at her silliness, but secretly hoped it was true.
Well, look what accumulated over night.
I had to take the bus to work today, and during my 2 and a half hour commute I observed:
1) Neighbors of 4 houses out shoveling snow and not interacting with each other.
2) A dog almost getting ran over by a car.
3) A nice young man switching out of priority seating when an elderly couple entered the bus.
4) A frail tiny elderly woman shoveling her own side walk and no one helping her.
5) A car getting stuck in the middle of an intersection.
I haven’t people watched for a while, and it saddens me to see just how little interaction people have with each other and the world in general.
Dwindling warmth and hardened hearts.